AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this issue? There is no sound when my htpc is woken up from hibernation. My motherboard is an intel D845PEBT2. It's very flaky on wake up and I almost always have to reboot to get sound. This is a pain since I'm setting up netremote to start it up via Wake up on LAN and want it to be like a home theater component. Everything else in the system works fine after waking up. Appreciate any info. Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know if this will be fixed? Are there only two people having this problem?

·
Registered
134 Posts
It will probably be fixed at the same time we get DVD-A on the Revo. Not sure yet if pigs will fly at the same time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do other sound cards suffer from this too? It's bad enough to make me want to switch to something else after selling.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I havent encountered the soundcard dropping out after hibernation but i use an nforce mobo. Nevertheless its probably not too suprising . The Revo has buy far the worst bugs that I have seen in a soundcard that I've owned so far. Makes the good old SB16 superb when it comes to drivers (and boy that thing sucked).

·
Registered
134 Posts
The Revo has bugs but none that cause a computer to crash and BSOD all the time (that I know of). Not at claim Creative can make. Both the Live and Audigy had issue with previous drivers for quite a long time....even preventing you to go in standby mode.

SB16 drivers sucking??? Never heard of that one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have an ASUS P4T533-C as well and the Revo doesn't wake up from hibernation. Have to reboot. Also have to have the app window open to get any audio out of the line in jack (With DScaler and Flyvideo2000). Hopefully there will be a new driver soon. If not, seriously thinking of getting rid of it.

Scot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.