AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get the Revo Card to work in my system and I need help!!

My system, which I hope to use as an audio server/player, is simple:

Intel GERG2LK Mobo with 2.26 P4

On board Intel Extreme Graphics and Gigabit LAN

No PCI Cards other than Revo

Windows XP Pro SP1.

Symptoms:

No sound Output.

Not shown as an Audio Device in Audio Systems within Control Panel.

No color on any bars within Revo control panel

Motherboard/OS does not recognize Revo card on Plug and Play installation.

This is what I have done, with the help of about sixty minutes of long distance to M-Audio technical support.

Moved the Board to differnet PCI slots to avoid any IRQ conflict or sharing.

Uninstalled drivers, removed card, rebooted, reinstalled card, rebooted, then card does not generate Plug and Play hardware install wizard, but generates a question mark in device manager on Audio Controller which can be fixed by manually selecting the M-Audio driver. Device manager then indicates all items working properly, but the revo is still not shown as a selectable audio device within the audio section of control panel after reboot. No sound or indication of sound in Revo control panel.

Repeated the above with the help of M-Audio technical support removing each Revo file by hand after running uninstall.

Disabled on board sound. Unistalled revo drivers, remove card rebooted, reinstalled drivers added card and rebooted only to generate the same conditions as before except no audio system at all shown in Audio System within control panel (Windows R** shown previous to disable).

I guess I could reformat and start over, but I used a proper order bringing up the mobo, adding Windows and SP1 and then installing Revo. Though I di boot the device with the card in the slot and ten installed drivers as opposed to vice versa. Problem is I have 120 mb+ of (legal) music on the drive and no where to put it.

As an aside, pardon my frustration, but installing a Delta Dio in my other HPTC was a similiar two day affair with two hours on the phone to tech support.

And people complain about ATI drivers?

I know Windows is a monopoly, but certified drivers do work better and I believe certificatio is a reasonable expectation today.

If this takes two more days or work to fix, I will have to seriously consider changing brand preference in the future especially in light of the recent revo review by Extreme Tech.

I do love the digital fiber sound output from my Dio though.

Can anyone help me avoid divorce?

Jan Gullett

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Jan-

I'd start by making sure the Revo is good - do you have another PC (or a friend w/another PC) into which you could install the Revo and confirm that it's working? I'm unfamiliar with your mobo, but it's highly unusual to experience this degree of difficulty, and to think that you had a similar problem with a Dio card (in another PC it sounds like) is perplexing. Did the other HTPC have the same mobo or different?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.