AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I cant find any high quality Mini male plug to two female RCA plugs Y adapter.

Tried running a search on Google.com and only found cheap ones.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bestbuy will carry them in the Monster variety (not that I reccomend either the brand or the vendor for buying cables) and Radioshack will have their own brand in normal and gold levels. Sorry, don't know of any cable places online, what do you mean by high quality? $20? $2000?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just better than the nornal garbarge is good enough I suppose. Considering that higher end cable makers don't bother making y adapters.

Gold plated with oxygen free copper wire. Triple shielded. Perferably PVC casing. Seriously doubt there is any that use Teflon.

I have a crappy one from Fry's Electronics that cost $1.50

·
Registered
271 Posts
Radio shack has some gold adapter plugs that with a little sanding of the plastic case will fit. Then you can use any cable you want.

I realize this isn't the ideal solution but it's about the best I could find without ordering a custom made set from AudioQuest.

Hope this helps.

:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
For a short Y adapter, anything that does good contact and is not broken will do just fine. You don't need to spend a lot of $$ to buy something that achieves this, I guess many inexpensive adapters will be fine.

Edit: I'd wouln't connect the Y part just at the Revo connector. It can stress too much the connector due to its weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.