AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the deal. I use DVArchive, ReVue, Womble, and Ulead to produce video suitable for burning to DVD. I've done it several times already, without issue. I hadn't tried to produce a TV DVD in a few weeks, so yesterday, I download to my PC three shows I wanted to burn to disc, and now my ReVue is no longer showing video. I get audio, but no video.

I've tried uninstalling my PowerDVD, and then re-installing it to make sure the DVD codec is functional. That seems to be fine. I've uninstalled, and re-installed ReVue. Having seen a similar post to mine in this forum, I've luanched WMP 10 to make sure it's ready to roll. I'm at a loss...

Anybody have any ideas? I did notice that the latest MS security patches of last week included an update for the .NET framework. Think that may have hosed things up? Should I re-install .NET from scratch? Running out of ideas, any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Not that this is going to help you with Revue, but do you need to use it with Womble? I thought Womble did all the 'fixing' necessary? I only use VideoReDo and Nero for making Replay DVD's.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest I'm not certain...but I'd use ReVue to "clean" the RTV mpeg files. Then I'd use Womble to edit the clean video. I guess I'm not certain Womble can take an RTV mpeg, and turn it into a desirable, clean mpeg on its own. I know it works great for just editing the clean video, but...What do others prefer for authoring DVDs? I found this particular method first and it's worked well up until now.

EDIT: Hey, I'll have to give VideoReDo a shot. Thanks for the suggestion. I did learn that Womble apparently will clean up an RTV mpeg. However, I'm using an evaulation copy of Womble, and would like to get my ReVue working again before my Womble time runs out.

· Registered
14 Posts
Most likely if the video is not playing the codec used got corrupted somehow. I've had this happen by installing different dvd burning software. If you have the dvd player software that came with your computer I would recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling the DVD player. ReVue uses the windows media player control which in turn uses the codec thats installed by the dvd viewing software.

· Registered
1,166 Posts
I have seen this happen when:

1. The video is being displayed by overlay.

2. Another program is already using the overlay device.

It may be a program that is minimized, or one that did not release from memory when the visible GUI finished. The Task Schedular (CONTROL+ALTERNATE+DELETE) might be able to tell you this. Either way, rebooting will solve the problem, if this is the problem you are having.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.