AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to post this here guys, I checked the other areas to post but didn't see a place to post something regarding REW and calibrating the DSP on the iNuke. 2 MartyCubes, iNuke3000dsp and UMIK Mic. The subs are placed in front corners. We watched a movie last night and it was insane. Right now I used YPAO which is a calibration program on my Yamaha receiver but it feels like I am missing something on the sub end of it. Its very loud and punchy but it feels like sometimes there is too much bass or not enough when there should be. I am hoping that by adjusting the PEQ on the inuke I can fix this issue. BTW I am explaining this to the best of my knowledge, it might be called something else like nulls or voids in bass but I don't know exactly.

What I am looking for is a simple explanation of what part of REW to use. When I use that part and I am assuming I will get a graph or reading, then how do I enterpret/transfer that information to the PEQ. I read the sticky on this forum about using REW but honestly its a bit too complicated for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,337 Posts

7001417.txt 8k .txt filee calib

cess,

here is the calibration file for your umik. When you hook up the mic to your laptop and load rew it will ask for a calib. file. load the file attached. It is specially done for that mic

I will put together a little help list for using rew for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Chaluga, I got that far.
Scared the coffee out of me yesterday morning when I did the measuring after the calibration filed installed. Because I only had a short HDMI cable to connect to my receiver, I was about 3 feet from the martycube and when it played the low tones, oh boy! I honest thought a branch fell on the house. We have been having a lot of rain and wind and the trees are starting to shed dead branches. I would really appreciate the help. I know its easy for some of you and I know REW does a lot more than I need. I just want to get the most out of the DSP. Thank you

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
here are the steps

1) open rew and pick calibration file

2) click on measure

3) click check levels ( i have volume on about -30 of avr)

4) adjust start freq to 20 and end frq to where you cut off subs. for me its 90

5) click start measuring

6)you should now see your first graph, click on eq tab .

7) click on equalizer tab and choose generic

8)click on target settings and make sure their accurate. target level should be a flat line in the middle of your curvy sweep graph.

9) click on filter tasks which is below target settings. make sure numbers are what you want

10) this is the key step , click on match response to target (target is flat horizontal line)

11) it now creates the filters, click on the eq filters in upper left area. it shows you how much to bump up and down certain areas.

you don't have to use all the filters. focus on the big peaks and nulls. usually 4-6 filters will do it

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Donny, I have to do my neighborly duty and finish building some cabinet doors for my neighbor this morning plus my boys are enjoying Resident Evil 4 on the PS3 way too much this morning with the cubes to drag them off of it. I will try it in about an hour or so and post some pics if I have issues. Thank you for the detailed description. This is exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No luck, still working on cabinet doors for my neighbor. I broke my throat plate for the table saw while changing to the dado blade. Its an older craftsman and I cannot find it anywhere so I decided to make a Zero Tolarance throat late out of birch. That turned into making a router plate to use my table saw as a router table.... and on and on. I am hoping to work on it this evening. I will let you know. I am sure I will have lots of questions.

·
Registered
6,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombelman  /t/1521588/rew-and-dsp-on-inuke-amp#post_24461874

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp  /t/1521588/rew-and-dsp-on-inuke-amp/0_100#post_24456420

I would have included pics but my regular computer is dead and I am using my daughters tablet.

what we all have to go through to post here....
Maybe you could help me out

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I did it and I think I did something wrong. First I did the measurement and on my AVR it turned out to be -20 in order to get a OK reading with a -29.5db reading on the REW program doing the check levels tab. I then did the start measuring tab and got this first graph.

Here are the target settings, are they wrong. When I tried to click on the Match Target settings it told me that I there was a problem and that I needed to check my settings before proceeding.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does this look better? I ran the test again and it looked like 87 was more in the middle of the ups and downs. I didn't get the warning this time. It ran and gave me the eq filter settings. Do these filter settings look better?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok did that. I ran the Check Levels again and got that my levels where too high. I was still at the -20 volume on my AVR. I had to lower my AVR volume to -37.5 to get an OK reading.

Here is the graph with the adjusted measurement.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As far as the other screenshots with the information I entered like the cutoff points and slope, are those ok?

When you say "get the graph in line" what are you looking at and what am I trying to do? That red line that goes up and down? Am I trying to make that red line go straight across flat?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts