AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope your happy Reece!

WEll Im still at square one.. Ive tried to mess with settings in the program to get these nice graphs I see ppl getting but something is just not working for me, and a few others from what I hear as well.. SO.. This is where im at, - a few 100 hairs that I happened to have 8 hrs ago

Just opening REW

Opening up the Soundcard settings

Going thru the process

continuing

Continuing again.. Input levels drop

Finishing up before the graph

The graph itself.. weird....

And after the graph was plotted I hit the "measure" box in the upper left hand corner and got this I believe I had this set from 0-250 hz on this one

·
Registered
287 Posts
Im still learning myself, but I know that everyone says you are not supposed to use the Microphone input. What sound card are you using?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid_68 /forum/post/18175893

Im still learning myself, but I know that everyone says you are not supposed to use the Microphone input. What sound card are you using?

Using a HP laptop running windows 7 , With a UCA202 ( soundcard/interface ) and the digital RS meter

·
Registered
287 Posts
Make sure "monitor" is set to "off" on the uc202. I used "usb codec" for the output device, and "speaker" as the output. Then I used "usb codec" for the input, and "default input" as the input. I have WinXP and there wasn't an option to adjust the line input with the uc202. But I just upped the output to match the "out" meter while calibrating the sound card, and it worked fine.

Edit: You have an rca cable going from the right channel of the output to the right channel of the input for calibrating the sound card, correct?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid_68 /forum/post/18175922

Make sure "monitor" is set to "off" on the uc202. I used "usb codec" for the output device, and "speaker" as the output. Then I used "usb codec" for the input, and "default input" as the input. I have WinXP and there wasn't an option to adjust the line input with the uc202. But I just upped the output to match the "out" meter while calibrating the sound card, and it worked fine.

Edit: You have an rca cable going from the right channel of the output to the right channel of the input for calibrating the sound card, correct?

yessir... i think monitor has been on for the most part, Im sure I tried it off, but ill try your settings.. Do both of your inputs ( L/R ) register on the calibration even tho your only looping 1 channel?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
On the tabs where the graph is. After the calibration is ran Click on "measured". Thats what you want to look at not the filter adjust. See how that looks and let us know.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18176027

On the tabs where the graph is. After the calibration is ran Click on "measured". Thats what you want to look at not the filter adjust. See how that looks and let us know.

I* did that man.. Look at the little caption above the last pic...

Im so pissed.. Either its clipping or its to low to register.. blah

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Ok but you havent posted a pic of that graph so i wasnt sure man. So just be be sure your saying, mid graph on the top of the graph not top of the progran window you clicked that little measured tab? And looked at what that graph looked like? Just want to make sure were on the same page. But yes ime getting the same issues with my new sound card as well it clips or its too low. BURN IT BRO! LOL Its gone through my head too often!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18176068

Ok but you havent posted a pic of that graph so i wasnt sure man. So just be be sure your saying, mid graph on the top of the graph not top of the progran window you clicked that little measured tab? And looked at what that graph looked like? Just want to make sure were on the same page. But yes ime getting the same issues with my new sound card as well it clips or its too low. BURN IT BRO! LOL Its gone through my head too often!

im gonna try everything.. Tomorrow.. again.. damnit...

And burning it is an option.. I thought this was gonna be like, Download the calibration to REW, hook up the UCA , loop the channels and presto.. Its calibrated.. What a crock of **** idea that was

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea man ill get a pic of the "measured tab up for you guys.. Thoght I had that one in there

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
HAHA, i dont think you were around in full force when i ran into the same issues. I got the same responses your getting even over on HTWHACK i mean SHACK. And they all got me to the same place nowhere at all. Maybe try donwloading that software someone else mentioned to you or purchasing the TRUERTA. I may be trying that out myself soon.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18176097

HAHA, i dont think you were around in full force when i ran into the same issues. I got the same responses your getting even over on HTWHACK i mean SHACK. And they all got me to the same place nowhere at all. Maybe try donwloading that software someone else mentioned to you or purchasing the TRUERTA. I may be trying that out myself soon.

i dont get it... What are we doing wrong.. Its probably a stupid f'n setting that takes 2 seconds to change and we would be all good

·
Registered
287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj79 /forum/post/18175976

yessir... i think monitor has been on for the most part, Im sure I tried it off, but ill try your settings.. Do both of your inputs ( L/R ) register on the calibration even tho your only looping 1 channel?

I wouldn't get any reading on the input if the monitoring was switched to "on".

nvm, mine only registered the right channel when "measuring" to calibrate the sound card.

·
Registered
287 Posts
As I said above. It should have the option in the output, and input drop down menus for just "USB audio Codec". Yours says Speaker(usb audio codec), and Microphone(usb audio codec). Doesn't if have just "usb audio codec" to select?

·
Registered
585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj79 /forum/post/18176118

Hrm..........ok,

I was personally thinking you were posting the wrong graph as well since the "Filter Adjust" tab was still highlighted in the previously posted graphs.

That is indeed looking a little weird. I'm not totally sure what to say besides have you read, and attempted execution of certain methods specified by the help file?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku14139268520 /forum/post/18176158

Hrm..........ok,

I was personally thinking you were posting the wrong graph as well since the "Filter Adjust" tab was still highlighted in the previously posted graphs.

That is indeed looking a little weird. I'm not totally sure what to say besides have you read, and attempted execution of certain methods specified by the help file?

man i have done everything , From switching the output/input in the settings, adjusting the sound controls in my computers control panel, switching inputs ( Left and right ) on the UCA.. I have no clue what Im doing wrong.. I read the HTS guide HERE over and over and over again.. But either its not correct or I have some issue with my laptop settings.. going on 10 hrs now.. seriously not ****ing happy

·
Registered
585 Posts
I don't blame you for not being very happy. I'm the one who's borrowing Reece's soundcard, and I haven't been able to get REW to work right either.

*Shrugs*

·
Registered
901 Posts
f it man, just hit the jug and be done with it.......

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku14139268520 /forum/post/18176212

I don't blame you for not being very happy. I'm the one who's borrowing Reece's soundcard, and I haven't been able to get REW to work right either.

its crrazy man.. And nobody in the REW forum seems to know either, And when they suggest something it doesnt work either.. So im requesting a video of a UCA202 calibration

1 - 20 of 71 Posts