AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

After running my new 15 cu ft Q18's in ported mode for a few weeks I decided to set up the subs in sealed mode tonight to see what results I would get.

My winisd plot in my low tune mode (12.5hz) shows 104db at 10hz for one sub (without exceeding max excursion) and 98db at 10hz for one sub in sealed mode. So in theory the low tune ported should have more output at 10hz so I will check this out on Saturday.

I EQ'd the subs flat but would have had more midrange spl if I hadn't EQ'd so much.

The first is sub only with Audyssey only and no BFD filters

The Second is sub only with Audyssey and BFD filters

The third is Sub and speakers still in sealed mode.

The fourth is me running some REW sweeps. I managed 102db at 10 at -13db on the master volume will still a fair bit off puff to go. So I am pleasantly impressed. I still had a good amount off excursion to go but couldn't go any further due to my neigbour being in bed.

This is with my sub calibrated to 80db. So 5db hot.

I was impressed with the fact that the difference between 20hz and 10hz was 7db. I am going to give it a bit more go at the weekend to see how far I can go.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
is it that fla red line?

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
FLAT!

typo

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jordan,

Yep flat mate and with no smoothing. That was 2.8 metres from the listening position.

I am going to do the same with the ported tunes as well cos they run alot more spl than sealed.

cheers

Graham

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.