Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I live in the Boston area and I am a comcast subscriber with 2 HDTV boxes.

I have noticed that with the hdtv signal some times it cuts out watching tv.

I can't stand this and would like to fix it.

I started by calling comcast and asked about signal boosters and new cable and they had no idea what I was talking about and could not help..

So since I am re-doing my basement I have tore down and ceiling and would like to rewire the cable and run some new phone and network jacks

And I was wondering about adding a Video Amplifier Module to boost video signal strength up to 25 dB?

And install all new Coaxial should I install RG6 RG11 someone told me there was a RG for HDTV ? I don’t know if that is true or not but I just want to watch Cable with out the constant data flickers...

Mark

·
Registered
796 Posts
The answer to your questions depends on how the overall house is wired, the distance from the groundblock to the basement and whether you're working from a homerun drop to the basement or if it's a split from another part of the house.

I recommend trying Comcast again and letting them know of your intermittent problem. They will send a service tech at no charge that can look at the signal level and quality at both HD boxes to see if signal level might be the problem. With the situation you described, it sounds like an inhouse wiring issue.

Unless you have experience with coax wiring and properly cutting fittings as well as being able to calculate signal loss, this isn't necessarily a project you may want to tackle.

The worst case scenario is that you have a couple outlets that may need to be rewired but that should be a relatively low cost. Certainly worth it in comparison to the money we spend on our HD sets.

If your efforts with Comcast don't bear fruit, PM me and I can help you w/them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.