AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok going to try asking in here first. I have Dish Networks sat dish 1000.2. I have a Dual Room Reciever. I believe it is DVR-625. I need help understanding the wiring for this. I know it has two wires that comes out of the dish. They then get split by a (diplexer), Question 1 Do I need a specific diplexer for this split or no? I see online that Dish Network has a set diplexer called "Dish Network Pro Plus DPP seperator." Do I have to use that? Okey here is the main question.

Wiring. Lets say I have two DVR-625 one in my Master Bedroom and One in the living both with there second display in two other bedrooms. How do I correctly wire this?

-------------------------------------------------Reciever
-----------------------Master Bedroom->Diplexer
Diplexer

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Are you saying that you will be using OTA?

If not, you will not need a distribution amplifier. If so, you need to give us a look at your http://www.tvfool.com/ results.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
If no OTA - what you showed is fine.

If you're planning on adding OTA - add an extra coax for that from antenna to each location.

·
Registered
812 Posts
It looks like you're getting diplexers and splitters confused, at least from what I can glean from your diagram. Diplexers are used to piggy-back multiple signals onto one wire and are always used in pairs. Any diplexer can be used, not just Dish Network's, although if you use their's, you can be sure it will be of decent quality. Splitters take the signal and just split it for two different, identical leads. There should be just one coax cable coming from your Dish LNBs. If there are two, a diplexer can be used to "piggy-back" both signals onto one cable. Then, a second diplexer is added (backwards) to unpiggy-back the signals just before entering the receiver. Then a coax lead coming from the back of the receiver can be used to send the signal to a second television. The only place you would actually be using a splitter would be when you split the original lead coming from the Dish so you can send it to both receivers.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvsimpson /forum/post/18124018

Wiring. Lets say I have two DVR-625 one in my Master Bedroom and One in the living both with there second display in two other bedrooms. How do I correctly wire this?

-------------------------------------------------Reciever
-----------------------Master Bedroom->Diplexer
DiplexerBedroom 2
----------------------------------Reciever
Dish --> Line 1/2 --> Sat Splitter
MC --> Bedroom 3

http://www.dbsinstall.com/Dish_netwo...5_Receiver.asp
Quote:
The Dish Network 625 does require some special wiring considerations. There are four methods used to provide signal to this receiver and carry signal to the 2nd television (TV2).
Option 1

Use three coax cables from the outside to the satellite receiver location. Use two coax cables to provide satellite signal to the dual tuners and another coax to carry the signal back out to the 2nd television.

Option 2

Use two coax cables from the outside to the satellite receiver location. Use two coax cables to provide satellite signal to the dual tuners and use diplexers to piggy back the 2nd television signal on to one of the two coax cables.

Option 3

Use DISH Pro Plus upgrade equipment to reduce the two cable requirement for the dual tuners to one coax cable. A second coax should be used to carry the signal back out to the 2nd television.

Option 4

Use DISH Pro Plus upgrade equipment to reduce the two cable requirement for the dual tuners to one coax cable. Use diplexers to piggy back the 2nd television signal on to the one coax cable.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The Dish seperator is for use with dual tuner receivers. It allows you to run one satellite line to each receiver which is then split to both tuner inputs. It is proprietary, you can not use some other seperator the same way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.