AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for two floor stands, and was originally thinking either F-2 or F-3 Klipsch from Best buy, but then i heard about the RF-62s. Can anyone give me a run down on the three? I'm not as much looking for HUGE sound as much as QUALITY sound...at lower and higher volumes....which i think is what matters. Am I right?

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Well, the differences between the F-2 and F-3 are obvious, the F-3's have larger woofers and deeper extension and much higher sensitivity/power handling = louder. The RF-62's are sort of like a refined F-2 with higher sensitivity and power handling, I have also heard that they arent quite as fatiguing as the F-series but I havent subjectively confimed that yet. Personally, I am not a big fan of klipsch, I somehow only see them as speakers that are well designed, but offer a very colorized sound. I simply never hear things in real life like I do from the klipschs and to me that is bad, some people seem to like it though, they like that they are very loud and clear with punchy bass and so do I, I just choose a different set of trade-offs. Klipsch fans are very loyal if that says anything to you. I would still keep them on the docket, but look elsewhere for your QUALITY sound and maybe come back to them if you still like them. One important thing though, dont just listen to them at BB, I would buy them and take them home for a trial first, most anything will sound better at home than in BB/CC.

For your price range, I would look into speakers like...

Home theater direct level three towers

Ascend Acoustics 340SE's

Aperion Intimus towers

Infinity Beta series

Boston Acoustics VR2's

KEF IQ series

I am sure others can chime in for brands to check out and listen to, one bit of advice though, dont just pass up those HTD Level three towers, there should be reason for you not to order them, they cover shipping both ways for the 30 day risk free in home trial and the speakers look and sound AMAZING.

·
Banned
8,503 Posts
For about $150/pr more than the F3s, B&W 603's will blow away anything in the Klipsch Reference series. For about $50/pr less than the F2s, 602s will match the performance of the 603s in all areas except deep bass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.