AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a X10 System and bought the IR543 so I can control my X10 modules via my One for All Remotes, however I did not totally think it through. Now I see that you can only control the IR543 with line of site from the IR Universal remote (makes sense now).

So I would still like to control X10 modules via universal remotes from more rooms, i.e. Bedroom, Office, etc.

Do I need to buy a IR543 for each room or can I buy RF remotes (such as OFA 9910 RF) for each room?

My objective is to only have one remote for each Home Theater set up which will also control X10, in each room.

For example, If I buy a 9910 remote with RF I am assuming that it can be in my 2nd floor bedroom and transmit RF to the IR/RF Command Center (to the HT in the family room on the 1st floor, less than 25 ft away overall, below the bedroom) which will active the IR543 and the selected X10 Module? … or am I missing the concept of how this RF works?

Two Other Potential Problems/Questions:

1. I need to place the IR/RF command center 15’ away from my glass enclosed A/V Rack, will it still work? It will be line of site. (the manual says place it at 8')

2. When I use the 9910 RF remote in the bedroom to operate the bedroom ReplayTV will it also operate the Family Room ReplayTV? (Or same code cable box, TV, DVD, etc.?)

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
One option would be to buy an IR543 for each room, another would be to buy a URC-9910 and have the command center box positioned so it can "see" the IR543.

Your second option of using the URC-9910's RF signal to work X10 won't work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.