AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Tivo upstairs and I ran an RG-6 cable out of the RF output of the unit and into a TV downstairs. With a remote extender, I now have TiVo in two different rooms.

However, I want to run the signal through a stereo in the second room. The TV does not have RCA out and all I have coming in is the RF from the TiVo.

I already tried to run audio over the RG-6 and that did not work (terrible sound, all hum) so I need a solution that takes RF in and spits out RCA for audio. Every RF modulater on the market goes the other way (to put DVD into a TV with only RF input. Stereo does not have RF inputs.

Currently I run it through a VCR in the second room to get RCA out, but I want to get the VCR out of the loop.

Since I have an A/B switch (so I can also switch between cable and TiVo if it is being used in the other room) the ideal item would be a switchbox with 2 RF inputs and an S-Video and RCA output (that would convert the RF).

Does anyone know of a solution?

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
What you need is an RF tuner, not a modulator - for this purpose a VCR tuner would workjust fine. Take your RF coax to the antenna in on the VCR, then use the Line outs from the VCR to the Line In's on your receiver.

The only way to get the VCR out of the loop is to replace it with another device that tunes RF. Radio Shack USED to sell a cable tuner box (non-scrambled channels only) that might have had your RCA outputs, I haven't looked if they still list it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.