AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with my HTPC that I'm pretty sure is caused by "garbage" getting passed through my RF Infrared relay system. My HTPC will almost randomly launch different apps or initiate right clicks and perform other windows desktop operations when its not told to do so.

For instance at the end of the night, I'll make sure to exit all apps and leave my desktop totally empty of any apps running (with the exception of myHD which I run 24/7) and the next evening the myHD window is usually in overlay mode and I my have calc.exe on my desktop and the mouse may have issued a right click.

I can only figure this is being caused by either RF info getting picked up from who knows where which translates to commands on my Airboard IR receiver or maybe my remote is transmitting some "garbage" when it sends IR commands that maybe are picked up by the Airboard's IR receiver.

Anyone else experienced this type of behavior with or without an Airboard? My RF IR relay system is an old RCA unit that I use to use in a second room for DirecTV back in my early years when I only had one DirecTV receiver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.