Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I need some advice.

We are just framing and drywalling our HT room. We originally were going to put up an equipment rack with a door of some kind so that you could see the equipment on a side wall.

However, we just got a new satallite HD receiver with a RF remote and LOVE it.

I am wondering - if we get a remote (like maybe a Universal one) with a RF base, can we get away with not having to see the equipment at all. Meaning, we just hide the equipment away in an adjoining room?

I would imagine this should work with our receiver, sat box, dvd player - but will it work for our projector or possibly a HTPC??

Or in general is this a dumb idea??

Don't be shy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The only remote that'll control your satellite system using RF is the factory RF remote. When you see remotes out there that use RF, it means that it sends an RF signal to it's base station, which converts it back to IR and sends it out.

What you could just as easily do, is get a nice RF remote, like the MX-800 or TSU-3000 (among others), and see if your satellite receiver can accept IR signals in addition to the RF. If it can, you'll have an all-in-one RF remote setup that you never have to aim, and can control your satellite receiver, too!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.