AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a RF/IR remote to replace my Harmony H659 Remote & Next Generation Home Products RF extender. These work together okay but not well and I hate always having to change the batteries. Is the Harmony 890 or 1000 the way to go or is there a similar option which is a bit cheaper? (Even though I suppose $500 isn't high end for a remote its pretty pricy for my book).

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
The cheapest IR/RF remote is probably the "One For All" URC-9910 which sells for around $40.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have never thought I could get a RF remote that cheap... In that case, I guess I should be more specific...

I am looking for one which is rechargable (not just using rechargable AAA batteries but has some sort of Nicad or Lithium Ion battery native) and also programmable like the Harmony is...

I guess what I am saying is for what the RF harmony models do, are they worth it or is there something which does the same cheaper...

Sorry the first question was too vague.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.