AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know the first response you guys will give is that monster is overpriced, I agree and would not buy their products if I didn't get a significant discount on them.

Price aside, how do the monster 2ghz splitters stack up against all of the other brands? I already bought the monster splitter I also bought an a electroline 8 port drop amp for my house. I'll be using the splitter before the drop amp to run one line to the cable modem and one to the amp. I really don't care if I use monster or any other brand, I just want to know what is best.

I've also read that having a splitter or cable gold plated can cause problems. The monster is gold plated, is this really an issue?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
The gold plating can be a cause of CPDs, which causes grief with cable TV systems. Many CATV tech have reported that Monster splitters cause performance issues. Could be low return loss, non-linearity across its bandwidth, no blocking capacitors, impedance issues, etc. Don't know from personal experience, tough.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMixMan /forum/post/17031055

Now I know the first response you guys will give is that monster is overpriced, I agree and would not buy their products if I didn't get a significant discount on them.

Price aside, how do the monster 2ghz splitters stack up against all of the other brands? I already bought the monster splitter I also bought an a electroline 8 port drop amp for my house. I'll be using the splitter before the drop amp to run one line to the cable modem and one to the amp. I really don't care if I use monster or any other brand, I just want to know what is best.

I've also read that having a splitter or cable gold plated can cause problems. The monster is gold plated, is this really an issue?

Thanks in advance.

Cable and satellite techs and even Hughesnet 2-way dish internet techs never use gold plated spitters. The important thing is that they are at least 1gig. They do not generate heat, so they do not need to be housed in cast alluminum. Monster makes some credible parts, like solid copper center conductor coax, good HDMI interconnects, etc. but for splitters, use what the pros use, just buy it from RS&I.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.