AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a free 25' RG-59 cable with my projector which I currently have running through a conduit to my PJ. I noticed that there is a bar scrolling up the screen whenever the component connection is being used and have verified that the problem is the 25' RG-59 cable. The cable description claims to be "Triple heavy-duty super shielded" and can be found here:

RG-59/U Cable

I am looking at upgrading to RG-6 cable in the hopes that it will eliminate the interference but I need suggestions on a cable that is $50 or less. I have looked around the internet and local stores but I wanted to get some personal opinions before making a purchase. Thanks for any help you can give. Some things I have looked at and narrowed it down to are:

Monoprice Premium 25' RG-6

Accell UltraV 25' RG-6 from Home Depot

Any other brands/suggestions are welcomed and any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
It sounds like a ground loop to me. Try running the projector with an AC extension cord from the same outlet as the other equipment.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I also think it's a ground loop and changing the cables won't help at all.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you do want to play with cables, I buy from MonoPrice. I believe the best coax is RG6 quad shield. RG-59 is too lossy and thinly shielded versus RG6.

Take Aim

W4MAN

1 - 4 of 4 Posts