AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ran some RG-6 to feed my subwoofer... What tools/hardware do I need now to finish off the raw cable? Are there any online tutorials on how to make a subwoofer cable out of RG-6 cable?

Thanks!

Wu-

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
It's just an audio cable. You need a way to either connect RG-6 (overkill IMO) to RCA jacks, or connect short RCA cables to the RG-6. Flexibility issues and adapters being easier than installing RCAs on RG-6 would steer me towards the latter.

Put an F-connector on each end of the coax, and use a pair of F-to-RCA adapters to connect RCA cables between the coax and each jack. You can get RCA cables with males on one end and females on the other if adapter availability dictates.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ran a bunch of RG-6 in my house recently, including some audio on RG-6 w/ RCA connectors...

Parts Express ( www.partsexpress.com ) is a good source for connectors and tools...

I purchased RCA Connectors for RG-6 The make for a good looking cable as well...

the crimp tool for this 'compression' type connector is:
Crimp Tool for RG-6/RG-59 Compression Connectors

and finally this tool makes stripping the RG-6 REALLY quick and easy:
Rotary Stripper for RG-xx Cable

This may not be the most cost effective route if you are only building one cable, but if you plan to run more, it's a relatively inexpensive way to make good connections on RG-6... BTW, Parts Express also sells compression type F connectors and BNC connectors and the crimp tool can crimp those as well as the RCA connectors...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow thanks thats exactly what I needed to know!!!

Thanks Again!!

Wu-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.