AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my game systems unfortunately are limited to their proprietary component cables made by either the manufacturer or Monster and they're all RG-59. I need to lengthen them anyway so they can reach my projector so I'm going to use a female-female adapter to connect them to another component cable. Will their be any benefit in connecting the RG-59 cable to an RG-6 cable or should I just be cheap and use more RG-59 cable?

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
RG59 is MORE then adequate for LINE LEVEL video. RG6 is a bit over kill for line level video. I in the past used to use RG6 for cheep cables but there so bulky and hard to bend sometimes. Thats why custom higher end cables are in reality RG59. Is more then adequate.

If you use digital coax rated for high bandwidth youll be fine. SCP makes some good cable. I use it on custom jobs when the customer wont spent the money for RGB mini cable or when its very easy to run a custom made RG59 RGB HV cable instead of running the more expensive mini cable.

You wont see a differance.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
I saw no difference between generic RG-59 and Beldin 1694 - and I looked and looked using test patterns.

Once it's good enough it's good enough. More important IMO is that the connectors are all 75ohm.

I think you will be hobbled by the proprietry console cables and the female-female joiners. The cable you use will make no difference.

Note: I am the biggest performance tweak skeptic around. Fancy cables, line conditioners, green pens...it's all a load of crap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.