AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody on the forum has any info on how the Monster RCA compression ends are suppose to go onto some RG6 quad-shielded cable? I had these cables made and they slip off the cable real easy. They shouldn't just come off like that, right? I'll try and get some pictures up later.

Best Regards,

Kenshin

·
Registered
352 Posts
Where can you purchase the Monster Compression Ends? What do they sell for?

I'm intrigued and would like to make my own cables now! :)

Thanks in advance for any links/replies!

Sonicflood

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is just an observation: it looks like those ends may be designed for a larger diameter cable..? I have 2 different boxes of quad shield RG6. One has a blue jacket and is "studio" grade. I know it is a thicker cable than the cheaper black stuff I have... Just a thought, maybe someone else could confirm or deny this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sonicflood,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I heard about them from a sales/installer guy at Sound Stage (I'll never buy from there again). The ends cost $5 each. I'm sure your local high-end A/V dealer can get them for you if they carry Monster Cable. You'll have to have your dealer put them on or special order them from Monster Cable through your dealer for they require a special tool to put on. I was told by the guy at Sound Stage that the tool cost $300. Then again this guy was an idiot and I will never shop there again (they have no idea what they are doing). I contacted Monster Cable and am getting a pair made for me by them as I type this. There very good ends when put on right. SOme other good compression ends, if your interested are Liberty and Canare. Liberty has a web site (I think it's just liberty.com but I'm sure a google search will find it). Liberty compression ends sell for $3 at one of the local high-end A/V dealers in my area. However, if you want to put them on yourself, I think the compression tool costs aroound $150. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Kenshin

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trunks,

Interesting observation, but I can assure you the cable is the right size. These ends are designed for the Monster Cable MVQUAD (there best RG6 and is pretty thick), which is what you see in the picture. I contacted Monster Cable about these cables that Sound Stage built me and they where shocked. Sound Stage didn't peel back the Shileds properly, which is why I will never shop there again.

Best Regards,

Kenshin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.