AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to run some RG 6 through my poolhouse for directv (HDTV) and if needbe for FiOS....any advice/particular type I want.

Thanx

Tony

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Need to bury it or anything?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be in my walls.

I may at some point run some underground from the house but it will be through conduit that Ive all ready put in.

Was thinking about the Belkin 1694 from Blue Jeans Cable.

Tony

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Standard RG6 from your local HD or Lowes is more then sufficient.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I bought a roll of 500 feet of RG6 from HD about 7 years ago, got it all over my house including feeding my antenna and dish outside, never a problem with it. Guess it depends on what they have in stock.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Every roll of RG-6 I get from Lowes or HD, it is the Carol Cable brand. I've used it for years in my and many family member's houses without any issue. Right now it feeds my DirecTV dish 85 feet to a multiswitch and then to 3 DVRs. I am also using it as a 55 foot sub cable and 50 foot analog audio/video cables.

-Robert

·
Registered
690 Posts
The Carol Cable RG-6 from Lowes is IMO fine unless you've got special issues. It only has a 60% braid and it has a copper-clad steel center, so it's not appropriate for long runs with DC power or if you've got a nearby strong interference source.

The Phillips stuff... yeah, IIRC the problem with that is the foam compresses way too easily.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Twin lead believe it or not is actually better than the crappy foam RG-6. For the heck of it, I replaced a piece of the Phillips RG-6 junk I had between antenna and pre-amp and it made a HUGE difference in signal on the higher UHF channels.

·
Registered
779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspENC /forum/post/14214792

Twin lead believe it or not is actually better than the crappy foam RG-6. For the heck of it, I replaced a piece of the Phillips RG-6 junk I had between antenna and pre-amp and it made a HUGE difference in signal on the higher UHF channels.

Location and method is critical to getting twin lead to perform well. In the wrong location or installed incorrectly it can be worse then coax.

Also if the twin lead is foam cable or flat makes a difference.

·
Banned
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTTS /forum/post/14209096

Need to run some RG 6 through my poolhouse for directv (HDTV) and if needbe for FiOS....any advice/particular type I want.

Thanx

Tony

Belden 7915A Tri-Shield

Cheaper than Quad and has some better qualities.

I believe there was a thread discussing this about a year ago on AVS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts