AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all you great folks. I'm a newbie to the site as

far as posting anything. I am a senior citizen, retired

and am taking care of my very sick wife. However, GOD

is pouring HIS love on us and we feel so fortunate.

I recently found a Sony VPH-1272q and the RGB

input is jittery and syncs in ever briefly, then jittery,

then blank. Any help would be so kind. Happiness

to all.

Makeithappen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
What source device are you attempting to connect to the projector?


craigr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
When I had a 1272 I found that cleaning connectors on the boards would cure this kind of problem. I would start by using de-oxit or similar on the large boards on the hinged panel and see if that helps.


I realize this is a pretty shotgun approach to the fix and that you should make sure your source and projector sync setup are correct. Are the internal test patterns able to display?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Arseneau /forum/post/18196256


I realize this is a pretty shotgun approach to the fix ?

I disagree, De-oxit is one of the most important tools in my humble shop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,506 Posts
Bad sync can be a bad Y board, DA or Ba board. I've had all those cause unstable sync. I've got stock, but will be out of town for a week starting tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIR-Engineering /forum/post/18196127


What source device are you attempting to connect to the projector?


craigr

I'm using a Samsung SIR T-165 that has the 15 pin out for High Def

DTV. It also has component out. When I go out of the 15 pin via a

connector that has the 15 pin on one side and the R G B female jacks

on the other end (looks like component video rca's)and then plug a

component video cable to those jacks and feed into the Sony 1272Q,

then it tries to sync, will come in perfect for a second and then just

go blank and tries to sync again and almost comes in again, but never

settles down. If I run a straight component video cable to the RGB input

of the 1272, the pic is green. I also have a Key Digital Hanna and if I come

out of its RGB out (15 pin) via this same adaptor cable mentioned above,

the pic is green.
Hope that this can give a good example of

the problem. The unit works great on regular video i.e. Y/C, composite.

All the cross hair patterns and set up was great. Just input 1 (RGB) has

problems. Thanks to all for all the help.

Makeithappen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your reply. Does the board simply pull out if I remove the

2 phillips screws or do I have to take apart the unit to get to it?

I am a fan of De-oxit also if used sparingly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Curt. Sounds like you're the man. Hope the cleaning job works, but if

not, I plan on getting this thing working good.

Happiness always,

Makeithappen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
You might want to take a look here:
http://www.curtpalme.com/CRTPrimer_17.shtm


For hooking up your 15pin VGA (RGBHV) connection you will want 5 connectors that hook up to the projector (A red, blue, green, H-sync, and V-sync).

Something like this:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2


The 1271 does not (generally) accept Component into the standard input card. This is why you are getting a green image, you are trying to feed a component signal (Y/Pb/Pr) into the RGBHV input on the projector. Pay very close attention to the type of signal you are using as devices can output both on a 15 pin connection and the standard cable color schemes use red, green, and blue for both standards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenwaterys /forum/post/18199003


You might want to take a look here:
http://www.curtpalme.com/CRTPrimer_17.shtm


For hooking up your 15pin VGA (RGBHV) connection you will want 5 connectors that hook up to the projector (A red, blue, green, H-sync, and V-sync).

Something like this:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2


The 1271 does not (generally) accept Component into the standard input card. This is why you are getting a green image, you are trying to feed a component signal (Y/Pb/Pr) into the RGBHV input on the projector. Pay very close attention to the type of signal you are using as devices can output both on a 15 pin connection and the standard cable color schemes use red, green, and blue for both standards.

Thanks brenwaterys. I found out that the green screen was in fact trying

to run Y/PB/PR. Changed it to RGB on the Hanna, but still won't sync. I will

get one of the adaptor 5 output cables like your link showed. Happiness

to all and may GOD Bless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenwaterys /forum/post/18199003


You might want to take a look here:
http://www.curtpalme.com/CRTPrimer_17.shtm


For hooking up your 15pin VGA (RGBHV) connection you will want 5 connectors that hook up to the projector (A red, blue, green, H-sync, and V-sync).

Something like this:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2


The 1271 does not (generally) accept Component into the standard input card. This is why you are getting a green image, you are trying to feed a component signal (Y/Pb/Pr) into the RGBHV input on the projector. Pay very close attention to the type of signal you are using as devices can output both on a 15 pin connection and the standard cable color schemes use red, green, and blue for both standards.

I am using a key digital Hanna scaler

to feed my CRT. One of the connections

is an RGB out and according to the

owner's manual it is stated as RGBHV 15

pin. It is listed under outputs. Also under

the output heading there is component

video out (YPbPr) and right next to

them are H sync and V sync BNC

jacks. I have the capability to choose

from (YPbPr) or RGB from the front

panel. I was wanting to know if I can

come out of the 15 pin RGB using an

adaptor cable that then has the Red,

Blue,Green RCA fittings and plug them

into my Sony 1272 using BNC adaptors

into it's RGB and THEN use H sync & V

sync from the Hanna and get sync from

the Hanna using these syncs to go

into the H V syncs to go into the

1272. Or do I still have to just use

the 15 pin RGBHV coming out of

the Hanna and use the 5 BNC

connection that you stated earlier?

I was trying to avoid buying a long

(15 or 20 ft) adaptor cable. I would

have to get one made. I hope I

explained this clear enough. Thanks,

Makeithappen.

Makwithappen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenwaterys /forum/post/18209605


Someone else will have to chime in on how that scaler works - I have no experience with them, all I could say is try it and see if it works. A BNC to BNC cable isn't all that expensive.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2


For my projector I picked up 5 of the above and one of these to put together a cable.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Thanks again brenwaterys. Just to let you and everyone else know, the

H and V sync on the Hanna did not work. I will have to get the 15 pin

RGB and hook up the 5 BNC's to my Sony.

Looks like smooth sailing ahead.


Makeithappen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenwaterys /forum/post/18209605


Someone else will have to chime in on how that scaler works - I have no experience with them, all I could say is try it and see if it works. A BNC to BNC cable isn't all that expensive.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2


For my projector I picked up 5 of the above and one of these to put together a cable.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

I just wanted to thank brenwaters,Draganm,Jerry Arseneau,Curt Palme

and Cir-Engineering for all the quick responses. I used the rgbhv

cable and the picture is stellar. Looks like the crt bug has bitten me but

good. Happiness to all.

Makeithappen
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top