AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm building a LED setup in my new kitchen and after searching the web, I'm a little bit lost. Searching for LED strips controller always point to chinese products that have a little to no documentation. Here's what my setup configuration and what I'm searching for. If someone can help me, I just want to have a little help on what is possible, and what is not.

- LEDs strips - My setup has 3 LEDs strips zones (5050 IP65 60/m in 24V, or 12v if I don't have other choice. 24V strips generate less heat, so they should last longer.):

- A zone with 72' of LEDs

- A zone with 22' of LEDs

- A zone with 44' of LEDs

- Controllers - The best configuration I've seen with some product is a master/slave configuration where, in my setup, it means 3 slaves controllers, one for each node, and one master controller with WIFI connection and RF for the remote.

- I want an RF remote

- I want a master controller that can connect to my own WIFI LAN instead of creating a new one.

- I want to control only the master controller to change the 3 zones color/brightness configuration (I know some master/slave products can be configured to drive all slaves simultaneously or each slave individually by a simple ID configuration, but that's a bonus feature. It's not needed. The real need is to have 3 zones that act like a big one).

- I want to control my LEDs with an Android tablet.

I've seen the WF200 (Master) and WF201 (Slave) controller on the web, but the documentation isn't complete and, as I've been able to learn from the web, the master controller creates its own WIFI LAN instead of connecting to my own network. These controllers are limited to 4A per output (4A for R, 4A for G and 4A for B). I think it can drive my largest zone of 72', but I'm not really sure since I can have the power consumption or a LEDs strip, but do I need to see the controller output as a 12A (3 x 4A), or as a single 4A?

As you can see, there's a lot of questions that need to be answered before starting this project. I hope someone will be able to help me with this. Any information you have will help me building my hardware setup.

Thanks!

Carl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before you ask, the 3 zones allow me not to have 138' of leds on a single source. But, I don't know if I can take a controller for, lets say 4A per signal and add 2 amplifiers. This way I can have a WIFI controller for the first zone and two amplifiers for the other zones. Is there any problem with that configuration? I would connect the 3 zones in parallel on the first controller, and have each zone built with serial strips. Am I missing something?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts