Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have newly bought a "Esprit 4000G" (AmPro) and I wonder if I can get a RGB-signal 15.625 kHz in PAL from the scart-connection on my DVD-palyer? (a Sony ns-405). I´ve read on a swedish forum that the scart signal is just 15.625 kHz. Can my projector handle that?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'm not famaliar with the hardware you describe so I did an internet search:

"A video projector with only VGA style RGB connector might be a good candidate to try, but a normal PC monitors are out of questions (in SCART the HSYNC frequency is around 15.6 kHz but VGA monitors want atleast 31 kHz). Video projectors can usually handle the HSYNC rate used in normal video (15.6 kHz) without problem even on their VGA connector (check technical data or tech support to make sure of that)."

The Ampro 4000 will Autoscan down to 14khz, so it should work just fine if you give it a proper RGB (with sync) signal.

Ray

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi,

You can make up a rgb scart to 4x bnc connectors. There has been some discussion on this subject for the Sony 1031 /41 projectors... do a search and look at the 1031 FAQ as well.

It's very likely that you will need to boost the sync signal to the projector to get it to lock onto the picture. A number of suppliers in the UK (e.g keene electronics) produce sync amplifiers or suitable cables (e.g. syncblaster). You'll probably be able to find a similar supplier locally.

Brian

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ray!

OK, the projector autoscans down to 14kHz, but is it the same for all signals (Quad video, s-video and RGB)?

:confused:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I don't see anything in the Ampro documentation that treats the rgb horizontal sync freq spec any differently than the quad video composite, or s-video inputs.

The first of the four onboard RGB test pattern frequencies is set to display at 15 khz and it seems to work fine.

Ray

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok; thanks! :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:(

I tried to make my own cable according to these instructions:

signal ground

R 15 13

G 11 9

B 7 5

s 19 17

The cable is ok, I´ve tested it but it doesn´t work with the projector! How do I know if I need a syncblaster? What is a syncblaster? How does it work? Can it be any settings in the projector? Any suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.