AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Notebook I use for surfing the web and gaming and I am currently looking at buying a HDTV. My question is the HDTV I am looking at does not have a RGB connection however it has a DVI connection is it possible to convert/adapt the RGB output from the notebook to connect to the DVI on the HDTV? I have searched the forums for the answer but have not found any info on this any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
700 Posts
i know there are DVI->RGB adapters, i'm sure they can go the other way as well. Most DVI->RGB adapters come with today's DVI/RGB vid cards for dual display purposes.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Is the TV's input DVI-D or DVI-I? DVI-D is digital only and you would have to buy an expensive device to convert from RGB. DVI-I is both analog and digital and if the TV really accepts the analog part then you could do the conversion with a simple adapter.

You will probably have more success with an RGB->Component transcoder.

-Dylan

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure about that I will have to ask I am not sure its listed in the flyer. The TV I am looking at is a Hitachi 50V500 or the 60V500 so now I need to do some more research to find the answer.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.