Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks.

i have a progressive dvd player (proceed pmdt)

which only puts out YPr Pb

instead of RGB. i would like to get one of the newer projectors that accept 480p input such as the NEC LT 150.

i dont know much about the conversion from RGB to YPbPr.

can someone fill me in on what devices are available that dont degrade the signal......cost of them and such would help greatly!

thanks,

danny

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Danny,

THe NEC and as a matter of fact most NEC models accept both RGB and yPBPr.YOu do not need a converter. Just a cable that is RCA on one end and 15 pin on the other..THen you just pull-out the appropriate pins and your projector will accept the YPbPR signal and give you full aspect control as well as color controls etc...

REgards,

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response!i didnt know that!

as far as the converter cable....i am assuming this is something relatively easy to find? by the way, my dvd player only puts out BNC connectors for its progressive YPrPb......

danny

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
even better on the BNC as most break-out cables are BNC to 15 pin...if you get an NEC just send me an e-mail. I've pulled out so many pins I'm actually good at it.

Regards,

JOhn

·
Registered
221 Posts
Why would you need to pull any pins out?

The LT-150 manual shows that the component signals use the same pins as the RGB ones.

Does it sense the difference automatically via another pin?

If not, there is no harm in leaving the pins in, just don't hook up the other 1 or 2 cables (either composite sync, or H sync/V sync).

drewman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.