AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I'm a newbie

may i know how different is the output from a RGBHv as compared to using the Component connections?

will there be very significant differences?

thanks!

·
Registered
18,506 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi Curt,

thanks for your website!

there's one part that i need clarification though. i have a Barco Cine7.

i read on ur website:

Max resolution: This is the maximum resolution that the projector can accept (and sync to) as an input signal. Important: While the projector may be able accept the signal, it may not be able to fully resolve the information on screen without overlapping of scan lines resulting in a softening of the picture. That is, the manufacturer resolution specifications do not necessarily reflect real world resolving capability.

HDTV resolutions supported: The maximum HDTV resolution that the projector will display.

* While the projectors marked with an asterisk are able to sync to a 1080p signal, the image will most likely be too soft or smeared to be usable. It is best to use 720p or 1080i on these projectors (especially true for those in the Entry-Level category). As mentioned previously, manufacturer specifications do not necessarily reflect real world resolving capability.

i am curious to know how different it will be, from the same DVD Player, the PQ through Component and the PQ through RGBHV.

thanks

·
Registered
5,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcie2007 /forum/post/0

i am curious to know how different it will be, from the same DVD Player, the PQ through Component and the PQ through RGBHV.

thanks

RGBHV is a better input to your PJ then component. Your PJ has to transcode the component to RGBHV. If you have a component source, there are outboard transcoders that will beat the internal one.

Much of this depends upon the player. There are not many players on the market that output RGBHV. None of them that do have spectacular pictures. But, they are also transcoding. So, it really comes down to which does the transcoding better: the PJ or the DVD player. No one can give you a definitive answer to such a general question.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts