AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the typical and maximum length video cables that you guys use to feed you pj's ?

With a 100Mhz plus bandwith, I'm sceptical that my el-cheapo video card can drive the 15 feet or so of cable that I need to go between the HTPC and the projector.

Does anybody use a buffer amp?

I'd kind of like to have a little pcb with a 15HD connector that plugs straight into my video card, has buffer amps in the middle and BNC's on the other side - just to be sure that I'm not loosing due to cable capacitance.

PLease advise and comment !

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Well barry I dont know of any amp you could use with out doing some research. For 15' though you should be ok.

I just tested a DLP not too long ago by hooking my PC to it with a 25' HD-15 to hd-15 cable and it worked fine.

You could get a transcoder to change the HD-15 to RGBHV signal. It should also provide the RGBHV signal with enough signal to reach further then 15'

Typical break out cables that go from HD-15 to RGBHV should be fine for a run that long.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
I've got a 25' run and went with an Extron to start out with. Very noticable improvement. Then I went with a Mike Parker modded 9500 card and it got even better. Either way, you can do better than straight out of the video card.

Cary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.