AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a proud owner of Sony VPH-1042Q projector. I wish to use the RGBHV input but I understand that it won't accept a line doubler. Can anyone advise me what device should I get to convert my other S-video and composite to the RGBHV input so I can have 1000 TV line instead of 600 via composite. SOS.....:confused:

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
I beleive the 1042 will except a doubler. You have the 5 BNC input so you can try it and see what happens. I have a 1031Q and I am running a doubler and if I am not mistaken the 1042 although has a limited scan rate it is enough for line doubling.

Check with CURT PALME here on AVS or even MARK TORRE.

what makes you dout the use of a doubler? I will try to find the info for my self and let you know.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi VR,

Thanks for your prompt reply, I remember I read in this forum sometime ago, that 1042 can't accept a line doubler due to it's low scan frequency. If it's really work, I have a good deal on extron lancia xi overhere, unfortunately the seller not allow testing before purchase.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
What is the Horozontal scan freaquency? you need at least a 31 to be able to use line doubling. Im sure the 1042 goes to at least 32 like the 1031?

Check it out.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
I have the perfect switcher for you!!! ALl it is good for is hooking up multiple comosite video sorces to your projector and swictching them on a "remote" peice of equipment rather then on the projector.

It is the VPR722 controloer that hookes to the front jack on the projector. It also allows you to turn the PJ on and off with out having to mess with the switches on the main projector. I dont have the interlink cable that goes from the unit to the projector but I have seen them on e bay. You can even make your own if you want. You can buy the connector plugs from MARKETECH.COM and custom build your own wire to the proper length you need.

Let me know if you are interested and I sell it to you. I bought it and thought I would use it to remotly turn my projector on and off but I then wired my projectors power to my rack's power conditioner and turn it on and off by the conditioners power on and off. Like I said this unit is also a switcher it allows for 2 composite video sources to be hooked up to the projector and switched with this unit. It is also the "remote" unit for 10XX projectors. You can also adjust color, brightness, sharpness, picture and hue with this unit without messing with the controls that are under the cover on the projector its self.

IT WONT UPCONVERT signals to RGBHV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.