AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better considering I am using the panny tu-hds20. The picture quality in hd is superb. Would it be any better with rgbhv? I was told this is the best analogue format other than dvi etc. Also what setting should I run? I am using hybrid which upconverts to either 480p or 1080i. It seems the best. thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have Monster Ultra THX Component 1000 hooked up to my HD receiver and my HDTV and it looks great....but I think DVI will give you the best output...

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
RGBHV and component are very similar in PQ...

DVI can be better, but there are some incompatabilities between some types of equipment.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right I am familiar with all however it would be somewhat of a pain as I would have to run another set for h,v to the plasma. I am the type of person that will notice the difference no matter how slight so I am wondering if it would be better. I think overall it should be? I am quite familiar with cables and the outputs but I would like someone anyone who is using or has done the comparo to tell me if there is a slight if ever so improvement, then I will do it!

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
RGBHV could be better if the YCbCr-to-RGB conversion by the source device performs better than the YPbPr-to-RGB conversion by the display device. For example, the YPbPr-to-RGB conversion by the display device might be using the wrong matrix coefficients (i.e., using Rec.601 instead of Rec.709, or vice versa).

Basically the video must be converted to RGB at some point, either by the source device or by the display device (or perhaps by a transcoder between the source device and the display device).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what I am talking about I am using the Panny tu-hds20 which has a switch in a back which outputs it as rgbhv straight out and I have a rbghv input on my panny plasma th-pwd42u so would this be best? I am thinking so. The other questions is what mode would be best. I am again, using hybrid which changes 720p to 1080i and 480i to 480p. I could also make everything 1080i or 720p or 480p or 480i etc. thanks Erik Please let me know more given my setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.