AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched this site and couldn't find anything on this topic.

Is it possible to stream the Rhapsody Channels to my Xbox360? I've really been enjoying playing my digitial music though my living room sound system via the 360, and I've just discovered the Rhapsody Channels which are themselves pretty cool. So I'd like to tie it all together, but I can't figure out how to see the Rhapsody stuff on teh 360.

Is this possible? Any suggestions? TIA.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Yes.

You need either XP MCE or Vista Home premium on the PC.

Then you get the Rhapsody plug-in for MCE and use the 360 as a media extender.

Pretty straightforward, at that point; everything that plays on the PC will play on the 360.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres /forum/post/0

Yes.

You need either XP MCE or Vista Home premium on the PC.

Then you get the Rhapsody plug-in for MCE and use the 360 as a media extender.

Pretty straightforward, at that point; everything that plays on the PC will play on the 360.

Oh well. I have XP Home on one maching and XP Pro on the other, both running Media Connect.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I haven't installed any plug-ins, but every song I download into my Rhapsody library shows up when I do in-game custom music on the 360. I do have a to-go account, I don't know if that matters. This pc is XP MCE, but i don't think that matters.

I haven't looked into Channels yet, I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I get all the downloaded songs on the Xbox360 with a "To Go" account with just XP Home and Media Connect.

I was hoping I could play the channels so I don't have to download everything. The channels and custom channels are really pretty nice. I created a custom channel with 10 bands I could remember from my punk days of the early 80s, and the channel matched up all kinds of bands that I didn't remember but also like.
It's seems to be a pretty well executed feature.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dude, you need to get Sonos, it works with Rhapsody and it is awesssommme!!! I have it. PM me for more info. www.sonos.com

·
Registered
125 Posts
It is indeed spendy, but I spent more money on Rokus, 360's, and Airport Expresses trying to get Sonos like functionality. It has nothing to do with your wireless network. It creates its own wireless network that is optimized for audio. I have yet to find anyone in the world that doesn't think their Sonos is worth every penny (seriously).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.