AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to www.titantv.com, WPRI, WJAR, WNAC and WSBE are scheduled to turn on their digital channels on May 1st. I am wondering if anyone who reads this forum has any information on whether any or all of these stations will be on schedule, or not?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jckessler
Did WPRI just become a Fox affiliate?

Seems to be based on their website!
I think it is still all CBS.

The web site refers to FOX like the WBZ website connects you to UPN channel 39 (38). They just don't explain it very well on the web, but I checked the FOX schedule and it went to the channel 64 schedule.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Benji
According to www.titantv.com, WPRI, WJAR, WNAC and WSBE are scheduled to turn on their digital channels on May 1st. I am wondering if anyone who reads this forum has any information on whether any or all of these stations will be on schedule, or not?
I have been waiting for ANY Rhode Island station to broadcast digitally..... but like everything in 'Rhody" - we are a little behind. In fact TitanTV has been changing the RI station dates to "Go Live" for about a year now...... I have contacted each station separately and the only one to follow up with me seriously has been ABC6 - although they say they will not be live until August 2003...

Luckily I can get all of the Boston digital channels from Southern RI - so I am happy...

Mitchman

----- Including the latest ABC 6 follow up: -----------------

Thank you for your interest in receiving WLNE in the DTV format. Here's a quick update on what's going on:

We have reached agreement to broadcast our DTV signal from Rehoboth. (Channel 6 will continue to be broadcast from Tiverton, as we do now.) Our new broadcast antenna is being manufactured, and building and tower work will be underway soon.

As you may remember, we applied to the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) for an extension late last year. It was approved, with the understanding that we are to be on the air by early August.

We’ll be broadcasting on channel 49. Initially, we plan to pass through all ABC network sports and entertainment programming that originates in the 720p HDTV format. We will upconvert local and other programming into the digital format, so our entire line-up will be available on WLNE-DT. By the way, ABC has announced that Monday Night Football will be broadcast in HDTV this season!

I’ll get back to you again as we approach our sign-on date.

Kingsley Kelley

General Manager

ABC6/WLNE-TV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.