AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Since the previous Richmond thread has been around for several months and grown quite long, I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread to discuss reception issues.

Here's the current Richmond situation as I see it:

Channel 12 (NBC, UHF 54) has been on the air since early this year and reception is great for most people. They are passing the network's HDTV programming through to us.

Channel 35 (FOX, UHF 26) has been on the air since about Oct. 31. They are broadcasting in a windowboxed, 480i format only and are NOT passing FOX's 480p widescreen programming through to us. Most people are reporting stable reception.

Channel 8 (ABC, UHF 22) has been on the air for several weeks. Although their signal is strong and stable, the reception is still marred by frequent audio drop-outs and video pixelation. They are passing the networks's HDTV programming through to us in 720p and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound, when available.

Channel 6 (CBS, UHF 25) has been on the air since late November. Their signal is strong and stable, although most people are still experiencing occasional video pixelation. Also, they are still off the air quite a bit. They are passing CBS's HDTV programming through.

Your mileage may vary! Hopefully by the end of this month, the situation here will look pretty good.

For those interested in a history of the Richmond HDTV situation over the last several months, here is a link to the previous thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=160088

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.