AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Richmond or surround area have a theatre they'd like to show to a newbie?

Or at the very least a working projector? =).

I gotta determine what projector to get, and I have decided without seeing anything is a bad course of action, so I figure if anyone on here already has a projector working and doesn't mind giving a demo.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be willing to travel to Northern Va, if there are any offers out their =).

I just prefer richmond first =).

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,648 Posts
Larry Fine an electrician in Richmond used to hang out here all the time. He has a CRT based theater but may know about other locals.

here is his business site.

http://fineelectricco.com/resnew.html

I think he quit coming here cold turkey a couple of years ago for some reason. He used to give away some pretty good sound/safe electrical advice.

·
Registered
Certified Audiophile ;-)
2,165 Posts
I have a theater (90% complete) in Woodbridge. ...right off 95.

You are welcome to see it if you want to drive up here. It may take an hr and 15 minutes from Richmond.

I have a CRT projector..... and very nice audio equipment.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah, I had larry do some eletrical work for me, for my HT, he's awesome, very nice guy and very very knowledgable.

I am not sure what happened to him, he did just vanish one day, or he's still out their lurking..

Thanks for the offer Raj, but i'd like to stay with either dlp or lcd, I have taken crt off my shopping list, but thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I live in Lynchburg, VA, but if you are going to drive this far you might as well go to No. VA.

My theater isn't complete, but I have my projector up and running. It is an Infocus SP5000. 720p LCD on a ~96in screen.

w84no1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.