AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the LT-150 and noticed that to accept component I would need the "component v" cable (optional).My question is, I am running my combo laserdisc/dvd player with component output through the Focus Quad Scaler that accepts component input but has a 15 pin mini d-sub 'high res' output that would go to the projector, do I get a 15 pin male to 15 pin male rgb cable for this, or is this 'componet v' cable something diffrent.I hooked up the included rgb cable and in the menu I was unable to adjust color or change aspect ratio.The instructions did say that "RGB was not included" with these adjustments.Anyway,I hope this makes sense,and I want to thank anyone in advance with any light they could shed on this for me,and also a big thank you for a couple of questions that I did post before.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Using the RGB option instead of the component option on the LT150 limits your flexibility. I would try and utilize the component input on the LT150 if possible.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you do some searches on LT150 and component, you'll find that you can take a standard RGB cable and eliminate a few of the pins to acheive what you're after.

Kelly

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
I believe that using the Focus scaler via the RGBHV input to the projector (i.e. your present configuration) is the optimum option for a quality image. I believe switching to component video will degrade the image.

It's true you do not have a functional "Aspect Ratio" button on the projector remote when using RGBHV - but you really don't want one because this feature is implemented via the inexpensive A/D converter and scaler inside the projector. To enter widescreen mode, your projector first scales to native panel resolution (1024X768) and then "Picture Mutes" the top and bottom sections of the panel.

With your signal sources, the Focus scaler alone offers much higher image quality than the combination of the Focus scaler followed by projector internal scaling. My suggestions:

1) Continue to utilize the Focus scaler via the RGBHV input alone, with the output resolution set to [email protected], and the projector resolution setting at "Native" to bypass the internal scaler.

2) Calibrate the DVD picture using either the AVIA or Video Essentials DVD, using the projector adjustments, with the Focus scaler adjustments on the DVD component video input at default settings.

3) Tweek the Focus user controls for Contrast/Brightness/Saturation/Hue for the other scaler inputs to produce a pleasing picture from each other source.

4) Never use that silly, picture-degrading "Aspect Ratio" control, or the "Auto Adjust" feature which will wipe out all your carefully calibrated settings and timings in an instant.

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.