AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the above cards. It's in a VIA based ASUS A7V266EX MB, Athlon XP 1700+ Windows XP Pro SP1.

As soon I try capturing using applications that are WDM aware (two that I have tried are Cyberlink PowerVCR and a shareware application called Virtual VCR www.digtv.ws ) the right channel drops out and isn't recorded. With PowerVCR this happens after about 30 minutes which is strange, with Virtual VCR it happens instantly. I have tried two different sound cards (both a C-Media chipset sound card on the MB and a outboard Soundblaster Live!) with the same problem. In fact if I take the output from WinTV sound output directly to powered speakers, so bypassing the sound card, the problem still occurs which tends to suggest the problem is with the WinTV card, hardware and/or drivers.

Also tried VFW drivers and VirtualDub - same problem. As soon as the capture starts, the right channel cuts out and isn't recorded.

Anybody with any good ideas? This is driving me crazy since it makes the card pretty worthless for capturing TV shows.

Thanks

Larry

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.