AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello tryptophan-laden friends!

I have a Dayton SUB-1200 that I have enjoyed for music and HT for the past year, but it could be cleaner.

Therefore, I ordered the SVS SB2000 at $500. I then saw the spectacular Infinity speaker sale and basically bought the whole line, including the Infinity SUB R12 at $170.

My room is around 2000-2500 cu ft. Probably 65-35 HT:music.

My question is which setup should I go with:

1. SVS solo
2. Dayton + Infinity dual
3. SVS + Dayton dual
4. buy another Infinity at $170 and run dual R12's
5. Infinity solo

Not willing to buy another SVS so that is not an option.

Thanks!

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,249 Posts
6. Return the SB2000 and get the PB2000 for 65% HT....the Infinity drops off a lot at 30 Hz. The PB2000 = 4x SB2000 at 20 Hz.

The infinity speakers should be fantastic, especially for the price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6. Return the SB2000 and get the PB2000 for 65% HT....the Infinity drops off a lot at 30 Hz. The PB2000 = 4x SB2000 at 20 Hz.

The infinity speakers should be fantastic, especially for the price.
Unfortunately, that is not really a choice for me. I really don't want to spend more than $500 (which is already more than I imagined spending) on a subwoofer setup. Additionally, it looks like the SVS deals are dead as the 2000 series subs are not listed on their website at all anymore. So I guess that return the question to my original five options.

Interestingly, my SB2000 literally just arrived on my front door.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Listen to the SB2000 and decide. As a sealed sub it's sound signature will be quite different from the other options. Also, be sure to do a new sub crawl for each sub, as they will sound different in different positions in the room (i.e. the best spot for one sub will not necessarily be the best spot for the other sub). Re-do Audyssey for every iteration, or just turn it off until you make your selection.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Listen to the SB2000 and decide. As a sealed sub it's sound signature will be quite different from the other options. Also, be sure to do a new sub crawl for each sub, as they will sound different in different positions in the room (i.e. the best spot for one sub will not necessarily be the best spot for the other sub). Re-do Audyssey for every iteration, or just turn it off until you make your selection.
Thanks. My Sony receiver's auto calibration isn't that great so I measured the distances, set the crossovers, and set the gain changes manually with a decibel meter. First impression with the SB2000 has been really underwhelming but still some changes to be attempted.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to circle back and note that I returned the SB2000 and bought another R12. I am happy with the dual R12 setup, especially at $340 total.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts