AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a Sony 1292 - should the ring spacers be set at the recommended PJ calc. setting even if you intend to move the projector closer to the screen? Or should the ring spacer calculation reflect the actual distance from the screen?

Screen width or distance from screen? What is the physical effect of the ring spacer on the 1292?

Thanks.

Ed

·
Registered
50 Posts
No, the rings spacer shuld be set with the real projector-screen distance ... But there is a problem with this set up !!! The values given by PJcalc are false and the values on the installation manual are false too :(

You must find the good settings for your installation with a step by step method ...

What is the physical effect of the ring spacer on the 1292?

They correct the focal plane of the lens to align it with the screen ... ( when they are not correctly set you are not able to have a perfect optical focos on the surface of your screen...)

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pec,

Thanks for the reply. I have heard others claim that the values given by PJ Calc (and the manual) are not optimum. I wonder if this is a case by case issue. I set my 1292 up using PJ Calc and it focused beautifully?

Lets hear from other 1292 owners - did the published setting (manual or PJ Calc) work for you?

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.