AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried searching for this title but unable to find any info on it here. I'm not too concerned with the plot, though I also don't know how it stacks up against the original, but more with the actual transfer. Not expecting reference here but is the sound or picture quality good? Thought since it was released this week there would be a few takers? Any feedback as yet?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
After 43 minutes I turned it off. Bored me. But there were quite a few sections that had the ol Buttkickers rumbling, for what that's worth...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So thats 1 in the 'sound' category :D

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Its ok and scary in some places but not even close to the first one. The first one was so good they couldn't possible recreate that again. The story was basically solved in the first one. I will say there were some pretty dam good scares in the movie. The little kid is pretty dam freaky too. J.H.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I watched it last night, it wasn't bad. Better than other scary movies that came out recently.

One thing I noticed, about 4 times or so the PQ on the movie would get really lousy and the sound had a lot of bachgroud noise. The kind of quailty you would expect to see on deleted scenes or differend endings. It was just the odd scene every now and again but it was damn annoying. Anyone else see this or should I return my disk?

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Haven't watched my copy yet...but the movie itself has no great story like the first....but probably has better special effects than the first overall.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I rented the "uncut" version and turned it off after the first hour. There was little suspense, bad acting, and long, dull, meaningless scenes.

If I missed something scary that happended later on, well I'll just have to live with that.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFR
I rented the "uncut" version and turned it off after the first hour. There was little suspense, bad acting, and long, dull, meaningless scenes.

If I missed something scary that happended later on, well I'll just have to live with that.
+ 1. I was hoping they all would die, after a half hour...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Extremly boring for me, the only thing that was cool was the CGI.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
I know that this doesn't concern DVD quality, but The Ring Two was the only movie that I have walked out on in my entire life, and I have seen a lot of movies. It was the typical Hollywood cliche where the main protagonist is deemed as a child abuser when he/she actually isn't that finally did me in.

·
Registered
116 Posts
PQ was pretty grainy in some parts for me, wasn't too impressed with it given how new the movie was. Dolby Digital soundtrack was also so-so, but quite a few rumbly parts with the water effects, I'm sure the neighbors were not pleased.

As for the movie itself, seemed to move a lot slower and the end was a lot less intense than the first one. Had a few scary parts, but like J.H. said it doesn't compare to the first one. Love the CGI dead girl though, twitchy and quick like a Marilyn Manson video.

I normally don't notice continuity mistakes, but this movie seemed full of them. For example, when the deer (or elk?) rammed the driver's side of Rachel's car the first time, it smashed her window. When she starts driving again the window is up and undamaged.

Baba_Ganoush:

Can you give me some specific parts of the movie that looked quite bad? Nothing really stuck out but if you give me times that parts looked bad I can confirm for you. Also, the version I rented is the unrated version, which I would assume has added scenes which may not be quite up to snuff with the rest of the film.

TZ

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83
I know that this doesn't concern DVD quality, but The Ring Two was the only movie that I have walked out on in my entire life, and I have seen a lot of movies. It was the typical Hollywood cliche where the main protagonist is deemed as a child abuser when he/she actually isn't that finally did me in.

Watched in on my 106

' screen....and the picture for more than 3/4's of the movie looks like very bad vhs quality.....and then there are a few close up seens of the ocean or other cgi parts that look great.....very odd.

Comparing to the first movie , the picture is much the same as the bad story line.

Maybe I can get three dollars for it at Blockbuster :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Baba_Ganoush:

Can you give me some specific parts of the movie that looked quite bad? Nothing really stuck out but if you give me times that parts looked bad I can confirm for you. Also, the version I rented is the unrated version, which I would assume has added scenes which may not be quite up to snuff with the rest of the film.

TZ[/quote]

I haven't finished it yet...doesn't captivate me. But I did notice about 30 min in when they go to that outdoor fair type thing that the PQ all of a sudden got horrible.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Steaming pile of poo.

This movie was bad. No need for it and yet it was so stupid. Then at the end they hint on Ring 3. Good luck this series is going the STV route if that even happens. the first one was fair/decent. This one is crap.

·
Registered
35 Posts
well i wasnt a huge fan of the first one so i never even bothered with the second. if you liked the first, you might as well check out the second. no harm in trying...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoryzero
Baba_Ganoush:

TZ
Yeah the outdoor fair thing was the only one I remember specifically. It happened on and off 5 times throughout I think.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Ganoush
I watched it last night, it wasn't bad. Better than other scary movies that came out recently.

One thing I noticed, about 4 times or so the PQ on the movie would get really lousy and the sound had a lot of bachgroud noise. The kind of quailty you would expect to see on deleted scenes or differend endings. It was just the odd scene every now and again but it was damn annoying. Anyone else see this or should I return my disk?
I thought that was a "TV effect" they threw in to make it look like a video, every once in a while...

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I watched the first half hour, and the last half hour, and thought that was a good way to watch this flick.

Enjoyed it by cutting out the middle lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.