AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out overstock.com to see the Rio Central listed for 1/3 of the original list price. You'll probably have to upgrade the hard drive to make it a serious machine, but I've been very happy with mine and I paid more for it awhile back....Check it out...

Randy

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
For half the money, you can get an Audiotron or Prismiq. Even if you buy two WAPs to bridge to your PC (where the music is anyway), you'll spend less.

Does it even support hard drives over 128/137 GB?

No video interface, no Ethernet. (No support?)

I passed on the Zapstation at the same price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like to see a photo of the inside of it. I read it has a slow CPU sounds like it don't even use a real PC motherboard in it. A custom board. The ZapStation used a real motherboard in it. It takes a long time to send MP3's to the Rio Central with a USB or even a HPNA. No Ethernet! Even having it rip CD's, it does them in WAV then converts them in the back ground. It don't take many CD's before it will not let you burn any more till it catches up. That my take a day! I don't know but to fill up the hard drive it my take you 2 months! $250 my be a OK price for it. That display my cost the most or the custom cover. Best guess is the work they did to program it cost the most. I don't have one but looking to buy one because of this I am not going to buy it. I can't find any were that says how it burn's it own CD's from the MP3's on it's hard drive. One thing is you don't see them selling on Ebay. I guess they did not sell a lot or people that did buy them like them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.