AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/03/hal_douglas_dead_movie_trailers_voice_over_artist.html
Quote:
Legendary voice-over artist Hal Douglas has died at 89, according to multiple reports. His daughter, Sarah Douglas, told The New York Times he passed away Friday at his home in Lovettsville, Virginia, from complications caused by pancreatic cancer.

Douglas was best known as the narrator for thousands of movie trailers as varied as "Forrest Gump," "Men in Black," "Lethal Weapon" and "Meet the Parents." His booming, baritone voice was heard by "audiences everywhere," previewing the next big box office hit for fans of drama, action and comedy films.

"This summer, check your weapons, take your seat... and say your prayers," he boldly said in the clip for "Con-Air" in 1997.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/1522382/rip-hal-douglas-the-voice#post_24477371

NNnoooo!

I loved his voice in trailers. *my childhood* Daawww

RIP

One man...against the world.....

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
Sad to see these old pro voice-over artists passing away. Last big name I remember passing was Don LaFontaine in 2008.

I watched the In a World (2013) movie a few weeks ago. An independent film and a homage of sorts to voice-over artists.

An entertaining light comedy although not particularly deep. Starring Lake Bell.

·
Registered
28,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G  /t/1522382/rip-hal-douglas-the-voice#post_24481272

Sad to see these old pro voice-over artists passing away. Last big name I remember passing was Don LaFontaine in 2008.

I watched the In a World (2013) movie a few weeks ago. An independent film and a homage of sorts to voice-over artists.

An entertaining light comedy although not particularly deep. Starring Lake Bell.

Now there's a candidate for the "hottest girl" thread! -- Bod. To. Die. For.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy  /t/1522382/rip-hal-douglas-the-voice#post_24481415

Bet I know which scene you most remember, too. Same one as me.

Something about a boat.

·
Registered
10,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G  /t/1522382/rip-hal-douglas-the-voice#post_24481272

Its hard to believe its been 30 years since the voice of the NFL, John Facenda, passed away. Harry Kalas took over for John until he passed in '09. They brought the feel of the game into your living room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy  /t/1522382/rip-hal-douglas-the-voice#post_24481324

Now there's a candidate for the "hottest girl" thread! -- Bod. To. Die. For.

Somehow...

·
Registered
7,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens  /t/1522382/rip-hal-douglas-the-voice#post_24481542

Its hard to believe its been 30 years since the voice of the NFL, John Facenda, passed away.
Facenda's voice had an immense gravitas to it. He could make a football game sound so epic, as though it was a clash of Titans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts