AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A talented actor, best known for his role as the lead in the TV series The Prisoner.

He will be missed . . .

·
Registered
521 Posts
Confirmed, here's a link to a CNN article:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...han/index.html

My dad loves The Prisoner, he's gonna be upset when he hears about this...

Of his many movie roles, I liked him most in Silver Streak and, later on, Braveheart. (Both villain roles, but hey...)

·
Banned
1,352 Posts
A friend and I had eagerly anticipated digging into 'The Prisoner' after many years and the DVD set became available. Alas, I fear it has not aged well. By the end we were scratching sores into our heads and the befuddlement and bafflement rose to a maddening crescendo. No questions were answered, no plotlines resolved, no explanations offered. And the last episode is the biggest mind-frak ever put to celluloid.

In short, can't recommend it. But, that said, I'm looking forward to the AMC Network's adaptation of The Prisoner scheduled for next fall/winter. Here's hoping they do a better job. I only wish Patrick McGoohan were going to be around to offer his take on it.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Mr. McGoohan and Mr. Montalban?! Man, what a double-shot to the gut. RIP to two talented individuals.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
I'm not number I'm a free man.

I liked that show The Prisoner and Danger Man. Wow seems like bit of downer with the passing of so many celebrity greats.

The last film I saw him in was (BraveHeart 1995) also in (Ice Station Zebra 1968).

R.I.P. Patrick McGoohan

·
Banned
1,352 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheart1948 /forum/post/15565964

He was also in "Columbo."

What's really remarkable is that he won two Emmy Awards for portraying two different 'Columbo' characters in appearances that were 16 years apart.
I'm not sure, but he may have won more Emmys for doing 'Columbo' than Peter Falk!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
He was in at least 4 Columbos maybe 5. An outstanding actor with a strong screen presence. You always remembered his character in a show or movie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts