AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
$300 for a plug-and-play Replay drive, I assume that the $70 you mention is the difference between the retail price of the drive and his price?

Another user just recently praised this gentleman's services. It's not a bad price if you're not interested or not inclined to do your own upgrade.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Messenger
$70 just to patch a drive? 30 day warranty.
He's been doing this on ebay for a while. Have only heard good things about him and his work. For someone who doesn't want to spend the time doing the hack, it's probably worth the $70 difference between that and a blank drive.

-Gary

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are several guys that do this on eBay. Why go through uBid? I've seen the eBay hacked drives go for $270. The $35 is probably worthwhile if you don't want to screw around with your computer. But $70 for maybe 5 minutes of work?

I've been in e-mail contact with the first guy to offer upgrades on eBay and he does the upgrade work for $20 if you provide your own drive and pay for shipping. That sounds a lot more reasonable. He has access to a lot of hard drive models and tries them out on his replays. Must be nice.

The guy's got a couple of domains set up: www.replaytvupgrades.com and www.replaytvstore.com. Right now, all it does is send you to his eBay store, but I want to see what else he'll do. And get this, he has a screen dump of auction pages that has his competitors bidding on his 60 hour hacks from April of this year. I hope he posts those pages on his site. Pretty funny. I thought about doing this type of thing but it's too late now. I still think anyone who has hacked their Replays can make a few $ anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.