AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been ripping my DVDs to .avi to watch them while on my treadmill using my Cowon A2. I have been using DVD Decrypter to decrypt them and AutoGK to shrink them. Recently more and more of the DVDs are having audio sync problems. Is there anything I can do with those programs to avoid the issues? Are there other programs that will work better? Which program is really causing the problem, DVDD or AutoGK? Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
912 Posts
DVDFab has more up-to-date decrypting routines. I haven't had an audio sync issue in the 80+ movies I've ripped to iPod.

Other software I use are:

Video ReDo which works especially well for those "special" DVDs - I use the "Quick Fix" option to convert to a single mpeg file, then

PSP Vid 9 to do the final conversion to .mp4 (I believe this uses ffmpeg to transcode).

The only bucks I put down were for the Video Redo software.

But I am looking into the DVDFab Platinum, which supposedly will do it all.

Good luck - I've only been doing this since Xmas. I've got less hoops to jump through now, but it's definitely less tedious!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I had some auto sync problems with AutoGK. I use MP3 for my sound track, and AutoGK gives the option of Variable Bit Rate or Constant. I had problems with variable, once I picked Constant bit rate...no audio sync issues.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm using AoA DVD Ripper to go straight to AVI. If the file is too big, then I use *gasp* the Cowon/Jet Audio tool to shrink for my A2. It works great and is very easy. The Jet Audio software even moves the file from you PC to the Cowon for you. Never had a sync problem since I started using this method.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.