AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

On films that have a language selection as the first menu choice, is it possible to edit the files so that it goes straight to the English version of the film?

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not quite what I want though. I want to keep the menu structure (for scene selection, audio selection etc).

For example, I have a few films that when loaded, ask what language I want to use. This will be a simple list, such as:

English

French

German

Spanish

etc..

Then no matter what you select it will take you into the Main menu area based on the laguage you just selected.

It is this first language selection I want to remove, so that when playing a film it goes straight to the main menu in English, where I can still choose what scene, audio track etc.

·
Registered
701 Posts
What you'll have to do then is load up the DVDs in DVDShrink and preview through the tittles till you happen across the one that is that first language selection screen and remove just it.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Get dvdfab. There is an option that when selected jumps to the main menu when the disc is inserted or when played through WMC. Then you can do what you want from there. All region 1's should be English audio by default unless they are in another language to begin with AFAIK. I dont know where you live though.

·
Banned
350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoodle /forum/post/18201945

Hiya,

On films that have a language selection as the first menu choice, is it possible to edit the files so that it goes straight to the English version of the film?

Thanks

INstead of messing with the data, why don't you configure your player to use the audio track that you want by default. They almost all have that option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts