AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a product that I could mount on the surface or face of my risers that will give me a clean place to place game ports, cat5, and maybe a dimmer/shut off for the Buttkickers? Not sure what else I should include in this 'power center'??????

Thanks.

Elmer

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of some sort of recessed box that would have a door that could be openned to access the ports when needed and closed/stepped on safely when not needed.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Mount them in the front of the riser. Then the seats will block them from view and you can use regular plates. Be sure to add an AC plug. I ran a 2" conduit through the floor to add cables later.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Elmer,

You may want to take a look at the following thread to see what I and others have done in this regard:

prewire for gaming system in riser...

As for recessed boxes, I don't believe they're cheap but Extron offers some fairly serious hardware for this purpose:

Extron "Cable Cubbies"

I researched various recessed options before I decided that it would be less expensive to simply re-work more readily available wall boxes and plates.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just fell off my chair...

That Cable Cubby in black anodized is $585....

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
As you can see in my riser, I used ordinary wall boxes in the front face of my riser. I have plenty of outlets, a phone and network ready to go. Behind the access door are extra unused RG and cat5 cables. There is also an unused 1.25" PVC conduit for pulling unanticipated cables later. The access door will allow me to wire any of these up in the future.

I need help attaching an image, anyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.