AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums for an answer to my question, but there doesn't seem to be any consensus. Basically, what are the current thoughts on anchoring a riser to floor? I think that the weight of the lumber, seats, and people should be sufficient to keep it from shifting but am a little concerned about some movement. We have ripped up the carpet to install the riser, so don't want any movement to adversely affect the carpet installation over time. Is there any drawback to anchoring the riser to the floor? Thank you!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
No need to anchor it. It won't go anywhere.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon E Maus  /t/1418063/riser-construction-question#post_22178194

I've searched the forums for an answer to my question, but there doesn't seem to be any consensus. Basically, what are the current thoughts on anchoring a riser to floor? I think that the weight of the lumber, seats, and people should be sufficient to keep it from shifting but am a little concerned about some movement. We have ripped up the carpet to install the riser, so don't want any movement to adversely affect the carpet installation over time. Is there any drawback to anchoring the riser to the floor? Thank you!

Not sure how big yours is(riser that is), but I just build a 12'x8' riser last week and it isn't going anywhere. I used 2x12 on the outsides and 2x8 as joists. I insulated it and used 2 layers of 7/16 OSB. The thing isn't moving. Even if yours is considerably smaller...it won't move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts