Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

MY Theater room is 11'6' wide by 18' long. I had planned on putting a riser approximately 10" high filling the back six feet of the room for a second row of seating. Is this enough space for a sofa to be far enough from speakers and still have some room at the front of the riser for people to get to their seats? Any other advice on risers before I build it? I'm planning on running a conduit to the face of the riser for wiring stuff. Lights on the stairs too.

·
Registered
728 Posts
My demensions are almost exactly like yours, 18 X 12. The rise comes out the back 7 feet of the room for me, still allowing my front row seating to be back a little futher.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pestario,

Do you think 6 feet would work? 7 gets me into trouble with door openings and such.

:(

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Diver,

That is a huge relief. Is your sound okay from your rears as well as surrounds?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm presently using a 5.1 speaker arrangement, with wire pulled to the location where the rears could be placed if I later choose to do so.

Sound from the sides is great. A 6' riser with an 18" walkway in front of the seating gives you 18" of airspace between your ears and the back wall. We are using In-Wall Triad Silver Surrounds fed from a Denon 3803, and the entire setup works great for us.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Diver,

Wow, only 18" behind the listener doesn't give many options other than inwall/inceiling. I ran wire today for 7.1 but only plan to hook up 5.1 for now with ADP's on the sides. Later I had hoped to put up two Paradigm studio 20's for rears but they would likely be firing over the heads of the listeners :(

·
Registered
728 Posts
yes I think 6 feet would work fine as well, may be a little close but hey as I learned in doing my project everything can't be perfect and exactly the way I'd like it, without spending big bucks anyway. So I saved alot of money and headaches and learned to compromise. I'm now getting closer to completion and am very happy, if I worried too much about it I'd still be in the initial planning stages.

Thats not to say I want to do a junk job, just had to compromise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.