AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's - finally - time for me to build a riser for second row seating. The room is roughly 19' X 16' with an 8' ceiling and decent acoustical treatments. Any suggestions on riser construction? I'm particularly interested in two questions.

1. How high is YOUR riser, if you have one?

2. Do I leave it open underneath or should I enclose it and "fill" it with something such as insulation?

I don't want to do anything hardcore such as filling it with sand that will add a ton of weight on the floor. If it matters, I have Paradigms all around including a PW2200 (which I love, by the way). Currently enjoying 6.1 - don't know if that matters but thought I would mention it.

Any feedback and/or suggestions will be appreciated.

Off topic but curious .... I'm building a "ceiling rack" for all my gear. Any of you ever do that?

CHEERS!

· Banned
2,245 Posts
If you don't want to use sand, insulation should be fine. 2-3' is a good height - it mostly depends on your seating arrangement and room configuration.

Great choice of speakers!

[email protected] ceiling rack!

Good luck with the project - please post pictures, and welcome to the forum.

· Registered
25,287 Posts
Riser height needs are dependent on screen height since sight lines are the issue. Mine are 10" and this has the advantage of not requiring a seaprate stair. This height would work also for your ceiling. If your screen can be high enough even 8' may be better for the feel of more head room.

I agree also with rboster, go to the builder forum for several threads on the subject.

Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.