AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to light the step to my riser using some type of wall mounted light, almost like a night light but with the light focusing downward. Anyone have any experiences with these? I would rather not use rope lighting.

·
Banned
329 Posts
I used a standard "movie light". Its a 6" X 12" 25-watt wall light plate that has down-directional slots. It looks great, and creates a "light zone" which does not interfere with viewing on any screen. It's mounted about 18" off the floor.

It also creates an area of light on the floor that prevents falling from a riser (I have stadium seating myself), as well as showing the way out of a row of seats, if you want. I went so far as to include this lighting in my wireless Lutron lighting, so that I can adjust it even further.

My guests really like it - its non-intrusive, yet quite functional. Last, its very inexpensive!

Here's a photo - the light plate is directly below the wall sconce....

·
Registered
483 Posts
You can also get plug in type lights from HD that are in this style with the downward facing slats.

The light that Pradike used can also be purchased from HD. I think it is a black bodied outdoor light though.

Personally, I used rope lighting and used the clips to secure it to the underside of my riser. It worked out really well too!

·
Banned
329 Posts
The "Theater Lights" used in my setup are (white) downward-directed 25-watt maxiumum fixtures with cover plates that direct the light to the floor. As I mentioned earlier these are pretty inexpensive, and get great results.

In particular, I like the fact that these add virtually no ambient light to my 100" diag screen, and yet do a great job of creating a "safety light zone" for poeple stepping up or down from my upper riser of Theater seating.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.